ConVal Regional High School Alumni GO COUGARS!
Hall of Fame.
- Athletes will be eligible for induction 5 years after graduation.
- The athlete must have attended ConVal High School for a minimum of 1 year and/or attended Antrim H.S or Peterborough H.S for a period of time before entering C.V. and be a graduate of ConVal.
- The athlete must have conducted himself/herself in such a way as to reflect honor on the school and must have exhibited those qualities of character and standards of conduct consistent with their status as a role model to the community. ConVal High School reserves the right to remove any individual from the Hall of Fame for personal conduct which reflects discredit upon the school.
?Strong Consideration: Athletes who meet two or more of the following criteria will be given strong consideration by the Hall of Fame Committee.
- All New England selection
- All American selection.State Champion – Individual
- State Champion – Team
- State Champion Relay Teams are included within this criteria and will be inducted as a group not individually.
- NHIAA State Qualifier
- First Team All State selection
- State Tournament record holder
- School record holder
- Division 1 Athletic Scholarship Recipient
- AP or Coaches’ Association 2nd Team, 3rd Team or Honorable Mention All-State
- ConVal Athlete Of The Year Recipient
- State or Local newspaper Athlete Of The Year Recipient
- Outstanding Statistical Achievement in an Individual sport (i.e. 1000 career points in basketball)
Criteria for Induction of Coaches:
- The individual must have coached at ConVal for a minimum of 5 years
- The individual will become eligible for the Hall Of Fame immediately upon their retirement from the sport they coached or 5 years after leaving employment with the ConVal School District.
Strong Consideration: Coaches who meet two or more of the following criteria will be given strong consideration by the Hall of Fame Committee.
- Member of a recognized State Hall Of Fame in the sport he/she coached
- Coached a State Championship team at ConVal
- Coach Of The Year honors by State recognized coaching organization or media group
- Outstanding moral character
- Years of coaching service to the ConVal School District
- Career winning percentage at ConVal High School
- Leadership roles in State Coaches Associations
Criteria for Induction of Outstanding Contributors:
- Eligibility or outstanding contributors will be at the sole discretion of the selection committee.
- Candidates must have made outstanding contributions or offered extraordinary services to the student/athletes and the athletic program at ConVal.
- Candidates need not be a graduate of ConVal High School.
LEGACY HALL OF FAME:
Athletes, Coaches and Contributors that achieved the same criteria at Antrim High School and Peterborough High School will be inducted in The ConVal Legacy Hall Of Fame.
NOMINATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
- In addition to teams, a maximum of 5 individuals will be inducted into the Hall Of Fame during any given school year.
- Any individual with a demonstrated interest in the ConVal High School Athletic Department may submit a nomination. An individual may NOT nominate himself/herself for induction.
- All nominations will be presented to the selection committee through a written application.
- Once an individual has been nominated, their nomination will remain active for a period of 5 years or until such time they are inducted in the Hall Of Fame.
- To be approved for induction, a candidate must receive unanimous support from the selection committee.
The “original” selection committee will be composed of members from the following group, with the expectation to turn the selection process over to the Hall Of Fame Committee members in the future.
- Athletic Director
- One member of the School Board
- 2-3 Members of the community with knowledge of ConVal athletics
- Member of school system with knowledge of ConVal athletics
- Individuals chosen at the discretion of the Athletic Director or Principal.
John Reitnauer, Steve Bartsch, Sarah Edwards, Dick Dunning, Mike Crowe, Kevin Chapman, Cindy Hixson
Click Here to download the nomination form